What is EduStart?
At Central Square Foundation (CSF), we realise that in order to fundamentally shift the status quo in education, there is a need for innovative and enterprising organisations to create scalable and sustainable solutions. Unfortunately, there are high barriers for startups in this space. In an effort to inspire, hone and support education leaders, CSF has launched EduStart - an Entrepreneur-in-Residence programme. The programme will catalyse a community of budding social entrepreneurs across the country and incentivise them to work on certain priority areas in education.
What are we trying to solve?
Parent and Community Engagement
Empowering parents to contribute to their child’s development.
Assessments for Learning
Design and implement a formative assessment solution for the classroom that boosts learning levels in low-income schools.
Social Inclusion Fund
High-end, good quality private schools are unable to integrate and support children admitted under the 25% reservation clause of the RTE.
Choose my School
Help parents pick the best schools for their children.
ECE in a Box
Enable budget private schools to improve the quality of their pre-primary sections.
The APS Marketplace
Connect service providers and Affordable Private Schools (APS) through a free market to improve the quality of education.
Teacher Development App
Leverage technology to analyse teacher performance and provide systematic support.
What is the EduStart difference?
Selected entrepreneurs will receive:
A monthly stipend for the entrepreneur(s) and funds for any other organisational expenses for at least one year.
CSF will meet all operational costs, assist in hiring and fundraising and provide an office space for at least one year.
The entrepreneur will have access to CSF’s network of experts and organisations in the school education ecosystem.
Every entrepreneur will be given strategic help and organisation-building skills by industry experts. Additionally, value-added services available to CSF grantees will also be shared.
Who will you work with?
Founder and Chairman,Central Square Foundation
Yale University, Harvard Business School, ChrysCapital
Senior Advisor,Central Square Foundation
Delhi University, XLRI Jamshedpur, Global Vantedge, Wipro Spectramind
Bikkrama Daulet Singh
INSEAD, London School of Economics Teach For India, Accenture
SRCC, IIM Bangalore BCG, Citibank
LSR, Institute of Actuaries London Ernst & Young
Our Advisory Panel
Who we are looking for?
We are searching for people who are passionate, committed to the education sector and want to push the boundaries of what’s possible. The ideal EduStarter will have at least two years of experience and believe strongly that every child deserves and can achieve an excellent education. Prior involvement with entrepreneurship and an understanding of the education landscape is preferred.
- Step 1: CSF EduStart application goes live
- Step 2: Review of applications
- Step 3: Interviews
- Step 4: Final Decision and on-board new EduStart
- Step 5: Applications will be selected on a rolling basis.
- Financial Support & Potential Strategic Funding: CSF will support entrepreneurs in the EduStart programme financially in building their product and/or services. In case of mutual agreement, CSF may also provide funding support to the organisation after the one year programme ends.
- Ecosystem Support: CSF will help the EduStarter build relationships with our ecosystem partners, including entrepreneur networks, funding organisations and field experts.
- Operation support: CSF will provide office space and other operational assistance to the EduStarter and his/her team for the period of one year.
We'd like to hear from you!
+91 11 2373 7286, +91 11 2372 7288