Position: Team Lead, Policy and Advocacy
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus on improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
We believe that effective foundational learning is essential for better learning outcomes of all children in school. Development of foundational literacy and numeracy skills by Class 3 can help children progress to higher levels of learning which is an essential building block for creating equal access to opportunities needed for leading a better life.
In order to achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education, as well as work with the government to drive systemic impact. We also collaborate with the ecosystem to leverage knowledge and create proven tools around critical issues such as early learning, technology in education, classroom instruction methods and governance.
CSF’s team members bring a deep sense of commitment and passion towards our collective vision that every child deserves quality education. We strive for excellence in everything we do and collaborate to create an impact as we move closer to achieving our mission. We encourage an entrepreneurial outlook that evokes new and bold ideas along with taking smart risks. CSF provides a dynamic, learning and positive environment that is driven by our strong sense of values.
The Policy and Advocacy team at CSF leads and/or supports our engagement with the central and state governments in the areas of foundational, EdTech, and early childhood education. Further, the team works to strengthen CSF’s thought leadership in education by building and maintaining relationship with various partners in the ecosystem including public policy experts, civil society organizations, and others. CSF is seeking a Team Lead, Policy and Advocacy, to drive CSF’s work on building salience for our key focus areas, managing relationships with partners and stakeholder, and creating surround sound. This is an exciting role that involves collaborating with teams across CSF’s verticals. The Team Lead, Policy and Advocacy role directly reports to the Senior Program Manager, Policy and Advocacy.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support and manage CSF’s advocacy strategy and programs, in line with CSFs overall strategy
- Coordinate and/ or prepare policy briefs, fact sheets, background papers/ presentations and other targeted materials for meetings and conferences with key stakeholders
- Organize meetings and consultations with key stakeholders around specific advocacy issues
- Provide project management support to government officials for implementing key strategic initiatives
- Create opportunities to engage with central and state government departments to provide consultative advice
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant fields, including management, economics, social sciences, and public policy
- +5 to 8 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and team leadership
- Advanced writing and presentation skills (ability to communicate complex ideas in a meaningful way)
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel
- Strong alignment to work towards ensuring quality education to all children
- Drive to excel in every aspect of work with high level of innovation and strong perseverance
- Ability to be rational in taking smart risks and being nimble
- Ability to adapt and exhibit confidence in a highly evolving, agile and fast faced work environment
- High level of collaboration and consistent passion for work and a positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.