Reports to: Central Square Foundation
Under the leadership of Honourable Chief Minister, Mr. Chandrababu Naidu, the government of Andhra Pradesh (AP) has made a tremendous push to become a digitally empowered state.
The Commissionerate of School Education (CSE) rightly recognizes this as an opportunity to leverage technology for management and delivery of education in schools. It envisions using technology for improving student learning in classrooms, ensuring continuous professional development of teachers and providing effective management information systems that link seamlessly with existing governance structures.
Central Square Foundation (CSF) has supported the government in creating a vision and operational plan for the state and is now helping to oversee the effective implementation of the current initiatives in the state through a Project Management Unit (PMU).
CSF and the Andhra Pradesh government seek to hire a Senior Project Manager to lead the implementation of projects. The Senior Project Manager will be part of a Project Management Unit (PMU) that sits inside the government and will work closely with both the CSF team and the representatives from the government.
Open Position Available: 1
Job Location: Vijayawada
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The SPM will work full-time from the CSE office, AP along with the AP PMU team and will be responsible to support the PMU in driving the design and implementation of multiple projects in which CSF is involved. The SPM will be the single point of contact for CSF in the state, providing strategic oversight for all initiatives in the state.
- Develop clear, objective, goals, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), design and strategic framework for each initiative
- Establish working team for each initiative – which includes members from the CSF PMU and other state bodies
- Build detailed implementation plan for each initiative with clear responsibilities and timelines
- Track implementation progress against action plan and collect feedback to adjust plans
- Prepare for the Steering Committee Meetings for progress update and planning
- Support the Steering Committee to develop quarterly update reports for the Minister/ Chief Minister Review
- Create communication and working channels between initiatives for alignment
- Assist the State to select, plan and track the intervention of the external agencies (for example, NGOs)
- Assist the State in identifying and implementing the relevant innovations from other States
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 7-8 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities preferably in the education or technology industry
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to build & manage relationships with government teams
- Preferred but not mandatory fluency in speaking Telugu
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
nterested candidates should submit their resume via email with subject line ‘Application for Senior Project Manager (AP)’ to email@example.com