Reports to: Central Square Foundation
Under the leadership of Honourable Chief Minister, Mr. Chandrababu Naidu, the government of Andhra Pradesh (AP) has made a tremendous push to become a digitally empowered state. The Department of School Education (DSE) rightly recognizes this as an opportunity to leverage technology for management and delivery of education in schools. It envisions using technology for improving student learning in classrooms, ensuring continuous professional development of teachers and providing effective management information systems that link seamlessly with existing governance structures.
Central Square Foundation (CSF) has supported the government in creating a vision and operational plan for the state and is now helping to set up a Project Management Unit (PMU) that will oversee the effective implementation of the current initiatives in the state – namely the Digital Classroom Project & the State Teacher Platform.
CSF and the Andhra Pradesh government seek to hire a Senior Project Manager to lead the implementation of these projects. The Senior Project Manager will be part of a Project Management Unit (PMU) that sits inside the government and will work closely with both the CSF team and the representatives from the government.
Open Position Available: 1
Job Location: Vijayawada
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formulate AP’s strategy of leveraging technology for teacher support
- Work closely with the Commissioner of School Education, AP to scope out solution needs for the state and engage with external partners
- Provide project management support during the rollout of the Digital Classroom initiative.
- Design blended learning implementation models under the constraints of the state’s existing resources
- Design and help implement training workshops for the teachers, HMs etc.
- Establish and manage relationships with external partners to strengthen
- The program (ex: government, new content providers, technology platforms, operational partners etc.)
- Daily project tracking & diligence in weekly status reporting through format and calls
- Lead the effort on project documentation and monitoring & evaluation
- Help set up and provide strategic support to AP’s Project Management Unit to oversee smooth implementation of the State Teacher Platform
- Liaise with all stakeholders involved to ensure teacher adoption of the platform across these States
- Create content & technology blueprint strategies for the state level implementations
- Design regular user testing to ensure the State Teacher Platform has the right features and content for teacher professional development
- Constantly communicate and work with the central PMU and the technology team to pivot project plans when necessary
1. Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 7-8 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities preferably in the education or technology industry
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to build & manage relationships with government teams
- Fluency in speaking Telugu
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via email with subject line ‘Application for Senior Project Manager AP – Education Technology’ to email@example.com.