One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 260 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest of the talent to engage in finding solutions.
Central Square Foundation (CSF) is a non-profit and policy think tank focused on improving learning outcomes for children from low-income communities. Our mission is to ensure quality school education for all children in India. CSF partners with government both at National and State level to achieve transformational standards of excellence in school education. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, provide a platform for the sharing of innovation, support key Government partners in strategic initiatives and support research and advocacy efforts that can influence public policy.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organisation with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment dedicated to achieving landmark reform in the Indian education system.
The Data Initiatives team at CSF is dedicated to creating a culture of data-driven decision making in the education sector in India. In our pursuit, we have identified Government as an integral partner to further our vision and have invested in collaborations to create opportunities, align on common agendas and advocate for systemic change. Together with collaborating with key stakeholders in the Central Government, CSF is actively engaging with various State Governments as a strategic thought partner to strengthen their data management systems by streamlining and enhancing the reporting, monitoring and usage of their educational data. Specifically, CSF is supporting State Governments with the design and development of data systems that have a direct impact on empowering teachers and improving student learning outcomes, thereby resulting in greater accountability and transparency in the education system.
The Senior Programme Manager will be responsible for strategising the team’s State engagement approach; developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders across hierarchy in all the State Governments that are part of our portfolio; working with Government partners to understand the current state, gathering requirements for the desired future state, performing data analysis, providing recommendations for the roadmap; overseeing the design and development of the identified data systems; supporting Government identified IT partner to ensure development of the identified data systems within the agreed timeline; supportingState Governments on how to best collect,
www.centralsquarefoundation.org manage, and use their education data.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent CSF’s Data Initiatives team in all the States in our portfolio and build, manage relationships with Government stakeholders across hierarchy
- Lead meetings, deliver presentations and promote co-ordination within Government teams
- Ensure quality and execution in all States in our portfolio, through pre-determined or new implementation models
- Develop key hypotheses based on current and future trends
- Gather requirements from appropriate stakeholders for the identified data systems
- Work closely with Government identified IT partner to ensure development is in line with the design brief, set deliverables are met
- Perform needs assessment and diagnostic research when required
- Analyse existing datasets and build relationships with dataset owners
- Advise government stakeholders on how to improve data management and use processes, and support them with Data Driven Decision Making
- Manage the roll-out of the identified data systems and conduct capacity building sessions with users to ensure smooth adoption and use
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s or equivalent degree required
- 6-7 years of work experience with track record of high achievement, preferably in a consulting firm
- Strong project and process management skills to manage the entire state portfolio of the Data Initiatives Team
- Ability to build and manage relationships with government teams
- Strong analytical skills and prior experience with data analysis
- Strong communication skills and experience working with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in project management roles and ability to multitask
- Ability to write professional proposals and presentations
- Demonstrated interest in social enterprise sector
- High level of spoken and written fluency in English and Hindi
- A belief that all children, regardless of their family’s social-economic background can achieve at the highest level
- Persistence, determination, and strong work ethic
- High level of integrity
- Self-driven and ability to work independently
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate initiative and motivate others
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates should submit a resume via email with subject line ‘Application for Senior Programme Manager, Government Consulting (Data Initiatives)’ to firstname.lastname@example.org