Position: Senior Program Manager – Tech for Early Learning
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
Multi-disciplinary research from economics, neuroscience and education has demonstrated that the early years of a child in pre-school and school are very important. Acquiring certain key skills and competencies in this age group can be critical in enabling a child to master more complex skills and processes later in life. But, in India, institutional channels which are tasked with building these skills have not been very successful in improving learning outcomes for children. However, given the rapid penetration of smart phones and internet, technology could be used to bypass these institutional channels and enable a child to acquire these key competencies at home. At Central Square Foundation, we believe that it is possible to improve literacy and numeracy outcomes for children aged 3-8 through a tech-based B2C solution.
The Program Manager (Tech for Early Learning) will be part of the core foundation team in Delhi, and specifically will be responsible for managing and developing CSF’s portfolio of work in this field. The role entails landscaping existing technology solutions, developing and managing relationships with entrepreneurs / product developers, design and run pilots to test for product efficacy, and create and implement product dissemination and adoption strategies iteratively. The Program Manager role directly reports to a Senior Program Manager.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Landscape and research different products/solutions/ideas to define CSF’s perspectives on Tech for Early Learning
- Identify and build partnerships with social entrepreneurs and innovators
- Provide ongoing technical and strategic support to partners
- Design and manage product deployment pilots across different settings and channels
- Identify and research best practices for product dissemination / user adoption and implement appropriate strategies at scale
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- 2 to 5 years of work experience with track record of high achievement
- Experience in technology / product development roles preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Data analysis and presentation
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Tech enthusiast
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.