Position: Senior Program Manager, Strategic Communications
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus on improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
We believe that effective foundational learning is essential for better learning outcomes of all children in school. Development of foundational literacy and numeracy skills by Class 3 can help children progress to higher levels of learning which is an essential building block for creating equal access to opportunities needed for leading a better life.
In order to achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education, as well as work with the government to drive systemic impact. We also collaborate with the ecosystem to leverage knowledge and create proven tools around critical issues such as early learning, technology in education, classroom instruction methods and governance.
The Senior Program Manager, Strategic Communications will work with the Associate Director, Strategic Communications on strategic planning and implementation of CSF’s stakeholder communications and outreach. In addition, he/she will be responsible for implementing the strategic approach for positioning the organization as a thought leader in Indian school education. This role involves working with working with teams across CSF’s key focus areas. This role will report to Associate Director, Strategic Communications.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and executing the organization’s strategic communications plan – includes design and dissemination of CSF’s knowledge products and dissemination of CSFs key research
- Preparing editorial calendar and managing content and outreach for CSF’s digital properties including the website updates, blog, newsletters, videos and social media channels
- Managing CSF brand assets and brand toolkit and updating the same on a regular basis
- Writing blogs, articles for internal newsletters and opinion editorials for external media outlets
- Networking and developing strategic relationships with media and key ecosystem influencers
- Evaluate and apply relevant and innovate communication tools and dissemination methods to maximize content engagement and increase key message efficacy
- Coordinate with outside agencies for website design/ development/ maintenance and marketing materials for CSF
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 8 to 12 years of work experience with demonstrated success in communications, influencer outreach, public relations
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Demonstrated interest in social enterprise sector
- High level of fluency in English, medium fluency in Hindi
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization, including with colleagues, schools, regulators, foundations, researchers, grantees, and education product/service providers
- Ability to lead meetings, deliver presentations
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.