Position: Senior Program Manager, Governance (Public Governance)
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus on improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
We believe that effective foundational learning is essential for better learning outcomes of all children in school. Development of foundational literacy and numeracy skills by Class 3 can help children progress to higher levels of learning which is an essential building block for creating equal access to opportunities needed for leading a better life.
In order to achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education, as well as work with the government to drive systemic impact. We also collaborate with the ecosystem to leverage knowledge and create proven tools around critical issues such as early learning, technology in education,classroom instruction methods and governance.
CSF’s team members bring a deep sense of commitment and passion towards our collective vision that every child deserves quality education. We strive for excellence in everything we do and collaborate to create an impact as we move closer to achieving our mission. We encourage an entrepreneurial outlook that evokes new and bold ideas along with taking smart risks. CSF provides a dynamic, learning and positive environment that is driven by our strong sense of values.
If India is to achieve foundational learning, the education system must dramatically change. Too often change efforts are fleeting and leave the situation worse than before the change efforts started. The Governance team at CSF aims to support the public education systems to self-organize and self-correct over time to ensure all change efforts are owned and sustained by the system. We aim to use innovative methods inspired by methods such as Problem Driven Iterative Approach (PDIA), Doing Development Differently (DDD) and systems thinking to achieve these objectives.
The Senior Program Manager, Public Governance is an integral role to the success of this goal. The SPM will be expected to formulate the strategy, develop action plans and lead execution using a variety of tools such as research, government engagement and grant making. This role directly reports to Associate Director, Governance and will oversee at least 1-2 program managers.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute a strategy to engage with state governments using a PDIA/DDD style approach
- Conceptualizing and executing research initiatives to discover and articulate binding constraints to foundational learning and systemic enablers that can contribute to success of reform initiatives
- Collaborate and support governance reform efforts by closely liaising with other CSF teams (for example, with the policy and advocacy team, the state delivery team etc.)
- Lead the creation of a common platform for ecosystem players to enable collaboration, sharing of ideas and coalescence around systemic issues
- Ensuring timely and high-quality outputs linked to strategic organizational goals and priorities
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant fields: including management, economics,social sciences, design and public policy
- 8 to 12 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and team leadership
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity and lots of patience for iteration.
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with stakeholders within and external to CSF
- Ability to lead meetings, deliver presentations, and represent CSF to external audiences
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities,plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong understanding and/or experience with governance structures in India
- Strong facilitation skills are a preference
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.