Senior Program Manager, Governance (Assessment & Public Governance)
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Senior Program Manager, Governance (Assessment & Public Governance) is an integral role to the success of CSF that involves leveraging CSF’s grant making tools, government engagement, research and the ecosystem to develop a nuanced perspective of critical gaps and hypotheses for each issue area along with identifying and scaling solutions to address these gaps. This role directly reports to Associate Director, Governance.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualising research initiatives on key governance issues such as performance-linked public funding, assessments etc.
- Developing and testing hypothesis on key governance levers by closely liaising with other CSF teams (for example, with the policy and advocacy team, the state delivery team etc.)
- Developing partnerships with other policy experts, researchers and think tanks to identify collaboration opportunities
- Representing the organisation in key policy discussions and events at the state and national level
- Ensuring timely and high-quality outputs linked to strategic organisational goals and priorities
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree or equivalent in relevant fields: including management, economics, social sciences and public policy
- 8 to 10 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and team leadership
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization, including with colleagues, schools, regulators, foundations, researchers, grantees, and education product/service providers
- Ability to lead meetings, deliver presentations, and represent CSF to external audiences
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.