Central Square Foundation (CSF) is a philanthropic organization, which works for a vision that all children in India, regardless of their social and economic status, will get a high-quality school education that prepares them to be responsible and productive citizens. We work on creating systemic impact and long-term transformative change in India’s education landscape through:
- Research: Developing policy relevant research and building collaborative platforms for sharing knowledge and learning.
- Government Engagements: Partnering with Central and State Governments as thought partners to create systemic impact, at no cost to the government.
- Grant Making: Supporting exceptional entrepreneurs (non-profits) to create innovative models of excellence.
CSF’s team members combine deep commitment to improving education outcomes with operational excellence. We are a young, entrepreneurial organization dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
CSF has been working closely with MHRD and other institutions at the Central level (NITI Aayog, NCTE, etc.) on issues critical for creating Systemic Impact in India’s Education Landscape. Some of these key reforms are designing the SEQI, National Achievement Survey 2017 and the National Teachers’ Platform. CSF and its partners are also working with many States, providing them support for designing and implementing key reform projects across various issue areas. These reform projects are aimed at designing and implementing solutions to improve quality of education in Govt. schools, while also improving the administration and governance structures, strengthening key enablers and making the Education system more accountable to performance.
To support such aspirational States, CSF is setting-up a separate team to work on Large Scale System Transformation Projects. The team will lead the diagnostic, design and implementation phase of key reform initiatives in partnership with the State Government.
The roadmap for Systems Reform in any State could address a host of issues focused on strengthening administration, governance, academics and pedagogy, system capacity across various issue areas, etc. The selected State team would conduct a rigorous diagnostic and highlight the prioritized set of issue areas that are more relevant to the State. Based on this diagnostic, a detailed and customized implementation roadmap would be prepared for each State.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The selected Senior Program Manager of the Education System Transformation team would be based out of Srinagar/Jammu. They would work closely with the Education Department of the State – as their consultants, supporting them on designing and implementing the roadmap. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the planning and design of all activities required for the diagnostic, analyse the findings and design the roadmap in collaboration with Education Department.
- Support the State Government and members of the Education Department to design, implement, monitor and track the initiatives planned under the roadmap.
- Prepare strategic roadmaps and implementation plans with goals and milestones. Set-up project management processes and guidelines, and ensure that all activities are driving towards the defined goals.
- Create internal alignment between different interventions
- Coordinate with external stakeholders (NGOs, experts, other States). Facilitate conversations, setup and manage partnerships to leverage the best support for the State government
The team will work closely with the senior bureaucrats at the State level and members of the Education Department. The team will be assisted by CSF’s issue teams, other partners in our network and national/ international experts and advisors.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
All the candidates must have the following skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Keenness and experience on working with the government
- Excellent project management skills: manage projects & delivery schedules
- Ability to handle large scale programs, and handle multiple stakeholders
Prior exposure to either education sector, public sector, development sector, or consulting is desirable though not a core requirement.
|Senior Programme Manager
(State Team Lead)
Joining Date Immediate.
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels and the value he/she will be able to add to the team.Interested candidates should submit their CV, cover letter (including 2-3 paragraphs on how their qualification and experience makes them a good fit for the role) and other relevant information via this link.