Position: Senior Program Manager, EdTech
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus on improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
We believe that effective foundational learning is essential for better learning outcomes for all children in school. Development of foundational literacy and numeracy skills by Class 3 can help children progress to higher levels of learning which is an essential building block for creating equal access to opportunities needed for leading a better life.
In order to achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education, as well as work with the government to drive systemic impact. We also collaborate with the ecosystem to leverage knowledge and create proven tools around critical issues such as early learning, technology in education, classroom instruction methods and governance.
One of the key areas of CSF’s work is EdTech (Education Technology). Under this thematic area, we focus on how technology can be leveraged to improve the teaching-learning experience within classrooms – through both student-focussed and teacher-directed interventions. Our goal is to leverage technology to improve foundational learning in primary grades and provide remediation support in middle school.
We do this by funding the creation of public goods to improve the quality of the supply, providing grants to build capacity of early-stage organizations that cater to the target population, building evidence on the efficacy of different EdTech solutions to understand what works and what doesn’t, through government test beds and by driving innovation within government systems by reforming public policy advocacy and strengthening government capacity to enable sustainable large-scale adoption.
The Senior Program Manager, EdTech will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with non-profits, policy-makers, supporting our network of grantee organisations, conducting research on relevant issues, and building and managing relationships with governments, for furthering the cause of quality education for every child in India. The Senior Program Manager, EdTech role directly reports to Director, EdTech.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support and Manage the existing EdTech portfolio to grow and be more impactful through continuous strategic support
- Develop key hypotheses based on current and future trends in EdTech • Expand the existing EdTech portfolio by incubating and/or funding organisations working on innovative solutions
- Identify and build partnerships with non-profits, social entrepreneurs, technology companies with expertise and capabilities in building and scaling EdTech innovations
- Promote coordination and cumulative learning among non-profits demonstrating best practices in specific areas of education
- Develop and implement a strategy to create better demand for EdTech in and outside the school environment
- Build and lead government partnerships – support building vision and implementation of EdTech in schools through project management, knowledge sharing and policy changes
- Conduct policy research in education technology and develop papers for advocacy
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Masters or equivalent degree required
- 8 to 12 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities and track record of high achievement in the technology industry
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to build & manage relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Willingness to travel
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.