One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, provide a platform for the sharing of innovation, and highlight learning and knowledge that can influence public policy.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organisation with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment dedicated to achieving landmark reform in the Indian education system.
One of the key areas of CSF’s work is building partnerships in the K-12 education ecosystem. The role involves developing strong partnerships with other grant making organizations working with education non-profits. Such grant making organizations include Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) organizations, foundations and individuals. The other important aspect of the role is to build a network of professionals working in or with deep interest in the K-12 education sector serving low-income populations. The role will mean directly working with CSF’s CEO and Associate Directors across CSF’s key focus areas.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build deep relationships with identified CSR organizations, foundations, individuals and others interested in grant making to education non-profits
- Create collateral materials as required
- Represent CSF at all appropriate forums
- Work with CSF grantees, offering guidance about working with grant making organizations
- Connect with and build relationships with professionals working in or with deep interest in the K-12 education sector serving low income populations
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 6-8 years of experience in partnership management, business development, account management or relevant areas
- Master’s or equivalent degree required
- Very strong relationship building skills and interpersonal skills
- Deep interest in and knowledge of the education sector
- Willingness to travel
- A belief that all children, regardless of their family’s social-economic background can achieve at the highest levels
- Ability to multi-task, and attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Prioritisation skills
- Strong work ethic
- High level of integrity
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (including 2-3 paragraphs on how the current position at Central Square Foundation aligns to their long term professional aspirations) and resume via email with subject line ‘Application for Senior Manager, Partnerships’ to firstname.lastname@example.org