Location: New Delhi, India
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, provide a platform for the sharing of innovation, and find policy solutions to enable sustained change.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organisation with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment dedicated to achieving landmark reform in the Indian education system.
The Senior Communications Manager will be a part of the Communications team with responsibilities of handling internal and external brand building/ communications activities. He/She must have strong written and oral abilities with experience in research and proofreading to ensure all materials are high quality and accurate.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop content (website, brochure, presentations) for marketing materials of CSF
- Write blogs, articles for internal newsletters and opinion editorials for external media outlets
- Intelligence gathering: scan media publications for education-related news, intelligence and policy developments in India and abroad; compile and curate updates from these for weekly distribution
- Assist in event management: preparing background materials, communicate with participants, and securing media coverage for events such as media workshops, dinner events, conferences etc
- Social media marketing: support with managing social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube for CSF
- Coordinate with outside agencies for website design/ development/ maintenance and marketing materials for CSF
1. Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- 7-10 years of work experience
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated interest in social enterprise sector
- High level of fluency in English, medium fluency in Hindi
- Experience in Education sector
- Strong in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent project management skills
2. Desired Qualities:
A belief that all children, regardless of their family’s social-economic background can achieve at the highest levels
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization skills
- Strong work ethic
- High level of integrity
- Willingness to work in a start-up environment
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (including 2-3 paragraphs on how the current position at Central Square Foundation aligns to their long term professional aspirations) and resume via email with subject line ‘Application for Senior Communications Manager’ to email@example.com