One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organisation with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Government of Karnataka (GoK) is one of the most progressive when it comes to education reform, having launched many programmes itself as well as in partnership with other civil society organisations. Central Square Foundation is supporting the Government of Karnataka to strengthen its school education system. In partnership with the govt., the following areas have been identified for collaboration:
- Private Schools
- Karnataka School Quality Assessment and Accreditation Council
- RTE Section 12 (1) (c)
- School Consolidation
- Other key areas: As the project manager spends more time on the ground, it will be expected that he/she identify larger system reform issues with which CSF can engage.
CSF and the GoK seek to hire a Project Manager to lead the implementation of these projects. The Project Manager will work closely with both the CSF team and the high level officials from the government including the Principal Secretary, the Commissioner of Public Instruction and the State Project Director, SSA.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Source information and data from the government when required
- Attend/conduct regular meetings and check-ins with CSF staff and government officials
- Design training and capacity building efforts for GoK representatives
- Establish and manage relationships with external partners to strengthen the program (for example: government, content providers, tech platforms, operational partners etc.)
- Daily project tracking & diligence in weekly status reporting through formats and calls
- Lead the effort on project documentation and monitoring & evaluation
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, Masters degree preferred
- 2 to 5 years of work experience with some managerial responsibilities
- Strong data analytic skills
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to build & manage relationships with government teams
- Ability to write professional proposals and presentations
- Working knowledge of Kannada is a must have
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels and the value he/she will be able to add to the project.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via email with subject line ‘Application for Project Manager, Karnataka’ to email@example.com.