Government of Chhattisgarh has initiated Virtual Education Project across the state, with the objective of improving student learning outcomes using technology in schools. The project aims to set up a learning platform for students and teachers which will offer learning tools, content mapped with the state syllabus, usage analytics among many other things.
The project aims to benefit more than 4.5 lakh students in more than 1200 schools over the next 2 years.
CHiPS (Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society) is the implementation agency of the project and is working in coordination with Department of School Education, Chhattisgarh & funding support from the Government of India under ICT@Schools Scheme under RMSA. It has partnered with academicians and experts in technology, education and evaluations space to make this project a success. CEO, CHiPS (Mr. Alex Paul Menon) is leading the project.
In order to realise this ambitious vision, Central Square Foundation (CSF) is working closely with the Government of Chhattisgarh as a strategic thought partner and is building a Project Management Unit (PMU) that will lead the project across the state. The members of this PMU will work with CHiPS, the Government of Chhattisgarh, and CSF to drive this project to success. A Centre of Excellence is being formed, which will lead the execution of this project across the state.
- Position: Project Head – School Education, Centre of Excellence, CHiPS, Chhattisgarh
- Reports to: CEO, Centre of Excellence, CHiPS
- Job Location: Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Realize Chhattisgarh government’s vision to implement education technology in schools to improve student learning outcomes
- Establish and manage relationships with governmental agencies including DPI, RMSA, SCERT
- Establish and manage relationships with external partners and vendors including content providers, technology players, hardware vendors, monitoring and evaluation partner and knowledge partners
- Mobilize budget and resources from different government and non-government partners for the project
- Design the processes and project plan in liaison with all internal and external
- Lead execution of the project plan including hardware installation, platform & content creation/curation, teacher trainings, monitoring across all schools in 27 districts in
- Lead, train and manage the PMU team with support from CSF and CHiPS
- Lead the effort on the monitoring & evaluation of various interventions
- Continuously improve the learning platform and make operations effective based on data collected through the platform & from the field
- Inculcate a culture of data driven decision making within Centre of Excellence and within government agencies
- Drive research and innovation to improve the state of school education in Chhattisgarh
- Attend/conduct regular meetings and check-ins with CSF & CHIPS teams
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years of work experience with managerial responsibilities
- Ability to build & manage relationships with government teams
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and prior experience with data analysis
- Ability to write professional proposals and presentations
- Experience in building/working with technology products is preferred
- Experience working within public education system is preferred
- Experience working in top tier consulting firms/start-ups is preferred
- Fluency in English and Hindi
- A belief that all children, regardless of their family’s socio-economic background can achieve at the highest level
- Persistence, determination, and strong work ethic
- High level of integrity
- Self-driven and ability to work independently
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate initiative and motivate others
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels and the value he/she will be able to add to the project.
Interested candidates should submit their resume via email with the subject line ” your name> Application for Project Head_Chhattisgarh_PMU” to firstname.lastname@example.org