Central Square Foundation
CSF is a grant-making foundation and a policy think-tank focused on improving the quality of school education in India. We support exceptional social and policy entrepreneurs, undertake application-oriented research, provide platform for sharing innovations, and work with Central/ State governments in advisory and implementation capacities
CSF’s team members combine deep commitment to improving education outcomes with operational excellence. We are a young, entrepreneurial organization dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
Summary of the Initiative
Indian States have traditionally been the laboratory for bold experimentation and innovation in the field of education. Increasingly, many States are realizing the importance of improving school system as a key lever for promoting long-term growth and competitiveness. This political and administrative commitment to transform education requires strong project management support.
CSF and its partner organisations have been driving large-scale system transformation projects in States like Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana and Himachal. In the past, we have assisted Ministry of Human Resource Development prepare reform blueprints for key States like Uttar Pradesh. We have also assisted NITI Aayog prepare School Education Quality Index (SEQI) which will benchmark States on performance of their education system.
To further support these aspirational States, CSF is setting-up a separate team to work on Large Scale System Transformation Projects. The team will lead the diagnostic, design and implementation phase of key reform initiatives in partnership with the State Government. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing the vision, goals and strategic roadmaps for States and ensuring that all activities are driving towards that goal
- Creating internal alignment between different interventions
- Developing clear objectives and performance indicators to track progress
- Supporting the State in implementation; troubleshooting if necessary
- Coordinating with external stakeholders (NGOs, experts, other States) to leverage the best support for the State government
The team will work closely with the senior bureaucrats at the State level and will periodically report to the political leadership. The team will be assisted by CSF’s issue teams, other partners in our network and national/ international experts and advisors.
Qualification, Skills and Abilities
|Senior Programme Manager (State Team Lead)||
All the candidates should have the following skills:
- Strong analytical, presentation and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage projects and delivery schedules
- Keenness and experience on working with the government
Prior exposure to education sector is desirable, though not a core requirement.
Location and Date of Joining
- The team will be based out of the capital city of the States (2 of the confirmed States being Karnataka and Gujarat). Therefore, willingness to travel and relocation to Bangalore, Ahmedabad or any other State capital (if necessary) is must.
- We expect to complete the recruitment process by August 2017
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels and the value he/she will be able to add to the team.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (including 2-3 paragraphs on how their qualification and experience makes them a good fit for the role) and resume via this link.