One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, provide a platform for the sharing of innovation, and find policy solutions to enable sustained change.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organisation with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment dedicated to achieving landmark reform in the Indian education system.
The Programme Manager, School Systems, will be part of the core foundation team, and specifically will be responsible for managing and developing CSF’s portfolio of work in emerging issue areas such as early childhood education, vocational and employability skills, life skills, parent engagement etc. The role entails developing and managing relationships with non-profits, supporting our network of grantee organisations, conducting research on relevant issues, and managing our projects and initiatives with state and central governments.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and build partnership with social entrepreneurs and innovators, primarily in the early childhood education and secondary education space
- Engage with governments at different levels to provide support in conceptualising and implementing quality interventions
- Conduct due diligence on grant applications and work with potential grantees to develop proposals
- Provide ongoing technical and strategic support to grant partners
- Conduct research on relevant issue areas, and develop short notes and concept papers for advocacy
- Landscape new issue areas and further CSF’s approach and perspective on existing issue areas
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- 2 to 5 years of work experience with some managerial responsibilities and track record of high achievement
- Excellent spoken and written communication and project management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Data analysis and presentation
- Medium fluency in Hindi
- Willingness to travel
- A belief that all children, regardless of their family’s social-economic background can achieve at the highest levels
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong work ethic
- High level of integrity
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates may please apply at this link.