One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 260 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest of the talent to engage in finding solutions.
Central Square Foundation (CSF) is a non-profit and policy think tank focused on improving learning outcomes for children from low-income communities. Our mission is to ensure quality school education for all children in India. CSF partners with government both at National and State level to achieve transformational standards of excellence in school education. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, provide a platform for the sharing of innovation, support key Government partners in strategic initiatives and support research and advocacy efforts that can influence public policy.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organisation with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment dedicated to achieving landmark reform in the Indian education system.
The Data Initiatives team at CSF is dedicated to creating a culture of data-driven decision making in the education sector in India. In our pursuit, we have identified Government as an integral partner to further our vision, and have invested in collaborations to create opportunities, align on common agendas and advocate for systemic change. CSF, in collaboration with its key Government partners such as MHRD, NCERT, NCTE and NITI Aayog, has implemented several Data Initiatives to improve teacher education system and student learning outcomes. Our key initiatives include, MHRD’s Prashikshak portal to strengthen the Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs), development of a comprehensive data system for Census based National Achievement Survey with NCERT and MHRD, a state-wise Demand/Supply study on teachers with NCTE and MHRD, a study to derive recommendations to strengthen TEI accreditation system and development of a data portal for MHRD that would aggregate all the current databases on Education.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for supporting the team’s efforts to leverage our experience in advising key Government partners (e.g., MHRD, NCERT, NCTE, etc.) on how to best collect, manage, and use their education data. The role will primarily include designing longer-term strategic vision for the projects in our portfolio, and monitoring its proper implementation, together with meeting near-term goals.
The Programme Manager will work closely with our Government partners to build and manage relationships, understand the current state, gathering requirements for the desired future state, performing data analysis, and providing recommendations for the roadmap. The role will also involve design and development of the data systems targeted at key stakeholders in the education system including students, teachers, parents; and supporting the IT partner or National Informatics Centre (NIC)to ensure development of data systems within the agreed timeline.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design long-term strategic vision/roadmap for projects in our portfolio, and monitor its proper implementation, together with meeting near-term goals
- Build, manage relationships with Government stakeholders to obtain desired results
- Meet key Government stakeholders and present findings and key deliverables
- Work closely with key Government partners to understand their requirements
- Work back closely with the IT partner across levels (Engagement manager, HTML programmer, Designer, Tester, Coder, etc.) to ensure development is in line with the design brief and agreed timeline
- Perform needs assessment and diagnostic research when required
- Analyse existing datasets and build relationships with dataset owners
- Advise government stakeholders on how to improve data management and use processes, and support them with Data Driven Decision Making
- Manage the roll-out of data systems and conduct capacity building sessions with users to ensure smooth adoption and use
- Work on the team’s internal organisational related presentations or other deliverables
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- 2-4 years of work experience with track record of high achievement, preferably in a consulting firm
- Detail Oriented.
- Strong project and process management skills
- Dynamic working style with ability to continuously improve strategy based on changing needs
- Ability to build and manage relationships with government teams
- Strong analytical skills and prior experience with data analysis
- Strong communication skills and experience working with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in project management roles and ability to multitask
- Ability to write professional proposals and presentations
- Demonstrated interest in social enterprise sector
- High level of spoken and written fluency in English and Hindi
- A belief that all children, regardless of their family’s social-economic background can achieve at the highest level
- Persistence, determination, and strong work ethic
- High level of integrity
- Self-driven and ability to work independently
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate initiative and motivate others
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates should submit a resume via email with subject line ‘Application for Programme Manager, Government Consulting (Data Initiatives)’ to email@example.com