One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 260 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest of the talent to engage in finding solutions.
Central Square Foundation (CSF) is a non-profit and policy think tank focused on improving learning outcomes for children from low-income communities. Our mission is to ensure quality school education for all children in India. CSF partners with government both at National and State level to achieve transformational standards of excellence in school education. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, provide a platform for the sharing of innovation, support key Government partners in strategic initiatives and support research and advocacy efforts that can influence public policy.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organisation with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment dedicated to achieving landmark reform in the Indian education system.
The Data Initiatives team at CSF is dedicated to creating a culture of data-driven decision making in the education sector in India. In our pursuit, we have identified Government as an integral partner to further our vision, and have invested in collaborations to create opportunities, align on common agendas and advocate for systemic change. CSF, in collaboration with its key Government partners such as MHRD, NCERT, NCTE and NITI Aayog, has implemented several Data Initiatives to improve teacher education system and student learning outcomes. Our key initiatives include, MHRD’s Prashikshak portal to strengthen the Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs), development of a comprehensive data system for Census based National Achievement Survey with NCERT and MHRD, a state-wise Demand/Supply study on teachers with NCTE and MHRD, a study to derive recommendations to strengthen TEI accreditation system and development of a data portal for MHRD that would aggregate all the current databases on Education.
The Programme Associate will support the Data Initiatives team in research and analysis required for key projects. The role will include meeting Government partners to understand the current state, gathering requirements for the desired future state, performing data analysis, and formulating recommendations on how to best collect, manage, and use the education data.
The role will also involve design and development of the data systems targeted at key stakeholders in the education system including students, teachers, parents; and supporting the IT partner or National Informatics Centre (NIC) to ensure development of data systems within the agreed timeline.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyse existing datasets and formulate recommendations for our key Government partners
- Conduct research and write reports, prepare presentations on current projects
- Conduct research on team’s internal pilot projects or potential future projects
- Work back closely with the IT partner across levels (Engagement Manager, HTML programmer, Designer, Tester, Coder, etc.) to ensure development is in line with the design brief
- Meet key Government stakeholders and present findings and key deliverables
- Work closely with key Government partners to understand their requirements
- Work back closely with the IT partner across levels (Engagement manager, HTML programmer, Designer, Tester, Coder, etc.) to ensure development is in line with the design brief and agreed timeline
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- 1-2 years of work experience with track record of high achievement, preferably in a Consulting firm or Data Analytics firm
- Detail Oriented
- Strong research and analysis skills
- Prior experience with data analysis is preferred
- Strong in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word; experience in statistical software preferred
- Strong communication skills and an ability to write professional proposals and presentations
- Demonstrated interest in social enterprise sector
- High level of spoken and written fluency in English and Hindi
- A belief that all children, regardless of their family’s social-economic background can achieve at the highest level
- Persistence, determination, and strong work ethic
- High level of integrity
- Self-driven and ability to work independently
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate initiative and motivate others
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (including 2-3 paragraphs on how the current position at Central Square Foundation aligns to their long term professional aspirations) and resume via email with subject line ‘Application for Programme Associate, Government Consulting (Data Initiatives)’ to email@example.com