Position: Program Manager, Research
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus onimproving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
We believe that effective foundational learning is essential for better learning outcomes of all children in school. Development of foundational literacy and numeracy skills by Class 3 can help children progress to higher levels of learning which is an essential building block for creating equal access to opportunities needed for leading a better life.
In order to achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education, as well as work with the government to drive systemic impact. We also collaborate with the ecosystem to leverage knowledge and create proven tools around critical issues such as early learning, technology in education,classroom instruction methods and governance.
The Program Manager, Research will be responsible for working with various teams at CSF to develop and manage the organization’s research initiatives. The role will report to the Senior Program Manager, Research.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with teams to develop key hypotheses and research proposals in line with team strategies. Provide guidance around research design, methodology, and instrument development
- Identifying / building relationships with key research and M&E partners, and working closely with them to manage CSF’s research projects
- Ensuring timely implementation of research projects with a strong focus on execution and quality assurance – including data validity checks, analysis / interpretation and editorial support
- Drafting documents (research summaries, briefs recommendations, vision documents) for external stakeholders
- Conducting a literature review around CSFs issue areas, synthesizing key trends and working with teams to identify new hypotheses and research questions
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate or Post Graduate degree from a reputed institute
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Advanced writing and presentation skills (ability to communicate complex ideas in a meaningful way), and ability to manage projects
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitudee
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership and administrative skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.