Position: Program Manager, Private Schools
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus on improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
We believe that effective foundational learning is essential for better learning outcomes of all children in school. Development of foundational literacy and numeracy skills by Class 3 can help children progress to higher levels of learning which is an essential building block for creating equal access to opportunities needed for leading a better life.
In order to achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education, as well as work with the government to drive systemic impact. We also collaborate with the ecosystem to leverage knowledge and create proven tools around critical issues such as early learning, technology in education,classroom instruction methods and governance.
The Program Manager (Private Schools) will be responsible for developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders, conducting and managing research on relevant issues,and building and managing initiatives relevant to improving the quality of education in private schools.
The role is critical to linking learnings from our philanthropy work, strategic policy and advocacy work, and ecosystem development work. This position provides a unique opportunity to develop deep insights and pragmatic solutions to affect education at a local and national level. The Program Manager role reports to Senior Program Manager, Private Schools.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop key hypotheses based on current and future trends in the Indian private school ecosystem
- Conceptualize and lead research initiatives including but not limited to – trends in private schools, learning levels across different price points, incentives of APS owners etc
- Identify and build partnerships with NGOs, social entrepreneurs, foundations, and researchers with expertise and capabilities in building and scaling private school interventions and innovations
- Conceptualize pilot initiatives to test hypotheses to improve the quality of private schools, especially affordable private schools, and collaborate with partner organizations to scale solutions
- Build out CSFs advocacy agenda for private schools, and engage with governments at different levels to facilitate pragmatic regulation of the sector
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate or Post Graduate degree from a reputed institute
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyse complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.