Program Manager, Assessments and Public Governance
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Program Manager, Governance (Assessments & Public Governance) is expected to use CSF’s tools of grant making, government engagement, research and ecosystem to develop a nuanced perspective of key gaps and hypothesis in each of the focus areas, identify and scale solutions that address these gaps. The Program Manager, Governance (Assessments & Public Governance) role directly reports to Senior Program Manager, Governance (Assessments & Public Governance).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop hypotheses based on key trends and landscape in the focus areas
- Provide continuous strategic support to the existing portfolio to grow/ be more
- Expand portfolio by incubating and funding organizations working on innovative
- Conceptualize and implement targeted research to drive key hypothesis
- Build partnerships and support the government in the vision and implementation of
- initiatives through project management, research and policy support
- Build partnerships with organizations with expertise in building solutions in the focus areas
- Promote knowledge sharing amongst leading organizations in the focus areas
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate or Post Graduate degree from a reputed institute
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to build & manage relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.