Position: Program Manager, Early Childhood Education (ECE)
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
Multi-disciplinary research from economics, neuroscience and education has demonstrated that maximum brain development occurs between the ages of 0-5 and that quality Early Childhood Education is critical in determining a child’s life outcomes in terms of health and income levels. In the short term, exposure to quality ECE, resulting in better school readiness of children, is linked to improved learning outcomes in early primary grades. At Central Square Foundation, we believe that strengthening provision of ECE is a key lever to influence foundational learning outcomes in India.
The Programme Manager, Early Childhood Education will be part of the core foundation team in Delhi, and specifically will be responsible for managing and developing CSF’s portfolio of work in this field. The role entails creating and executing operational plans aligned to organizational outcomes, developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders, synthesizing relevant evidence and driving new research projects, and managing our projects and initiatives with state and central governments. The Program Manager role directly reports to a Senior Program Manager, Early Childhood Education.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and build partnership with social entrepreneurs and innovators in relevant issue areas of school education
- Engage with governments at different levels to provide support in conceptualizing and implementing quality interventions
- Conduct due diligence on grant applications and work with potential grantees to develop proposals
- Provide ongoing technical and strategic support to grant partners
- Conduct research on relevant issue areas, and develop short notes and concept papers for advocacy
- Landscape new issue areas and further CSF’s approach and perspective on existing issue areas
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- 2 to 5 years of work experience with track record of high achievement
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Data analysis and presentation
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.