Position: Program Manager, Data Initiatives
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Program Manager, Data Initiatives role will primarily will involve working closely with our Government partners (e.g., MHRD, NCERT, NCTE, etc.) to manage relationships, perform data analysis, and provide recommendations for the roadmap. The role will also involve design and development of the data systems targeted at key stakeholders in the education system and supporting the IT partner or National Informatics Centre (NIC)to ensure development of data systems. The Program Manager, Data Initiatives role directly reports to Senior Program Manager, Data Initiatives.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design long-term strategic vision/roadmap for projects in our portfolio, and monitor its proper implementation, together with meeting near-term goals
- Build, manage relationships with Government stakeholders to obtain desired results
- Meet key Government stakeholders and present findings and key deliverables
- Work closely with key Government partners to understand their requirements
- Work back closely with the IT partner across levels (Engagement manager, HTML programmer, Designer, Tester, Coder, etc.) to ensure development is in line with the design brief and agreed timeline
- Perform needs assessment and diagnostic research when required
- Analyze existing datasets and build relationships with dataset owners
- Advise government stakeholders on how to improve data management and use processes, and support them with Data Driven Decision Making
- Manage the roll-out of data systems and conduct capacity building sessions with users to ensure smooth adoption and use
- Work on the team’s internal organizational related presentations or other deliverables
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Graduate or Post Graduate degree from a reputed institute
- 2 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Detail Oriented, strong project and process management skills
- Dynamic working style with ability to continuously improve strategy based on changing needs
- Ability to build & manage relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and prior experience with data analysis
- Strong written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.