Position: Senior Program Manager, Strategic Communications
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, provide a platform for the sharing of innovation, and find policy solutions to enable sustained change.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment dedicated to achieving landmark reform in the Indian education system.
The Senior Program Manager, Strategic Communications will have the key responsibility to lead the strategic planning and implementation of CSF’s stakeholder communications and outreach. In addition, they will be responsible for positioning the organization as a thought leader in Indian school education among key stakeholder groups. This role involves working with working with teams across CSF’s key focus areas. This role will report to a member of the leadership team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and executing the organization’s strategic communications plan – includes design and dissemination of CSF’s knowledge products and dissemination of CSFs key research
- Preparing editorial calendar and managing content and outreach for CSF’s digital properties including the website updates, blog, newsletters, videos and social media channels
- Writing blogs, articles for internal newsletters and opinion editorials for external media outlets
- Leading development, maintenance and expansion of CSF’s stakeholder databases for targeted outreach
- Networking and developing strategic relationships with media and online influencers
- Assisting in event management: preparing background materials, communicate with participants, and securing media coverage for events such as media workshops, dinner events, conferences etc
- Social media marketing: support with managing social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube for CSF
- Coordinate with outside agencies for website design/ development/ maintenance and marketing materials for CSF
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of work experience with demonstrated success in communications, marketing, public relations
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Demonstrated interest in social enterprise sector
- High level of fluency in English, medium fluency in Hindi
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization, including with colleagues, schools, regulators, foundations, researchers, grantees, and education product/service providers
- Ability to lead meetings, deliver presentations, and represent CSF to external audiences
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.