Position: Senior Program Manager, Research
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Senior Program Manager, Research role is critical to executing CSF’s strategy and involves collaborating with issue area teams at CSF, developing and managing research initiatives and managing motivated, bright and passionate team members. This role directly reports to the Associate Director, Research.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with CSF’s issue teams to develop key hypotheses and research proposals in line with issue strategies
- Providing guidance around research design, methodology, and instrument development
- Identifying / building relationships with key research and M&E partners/ vendors, and working closely with them to manage CSF’s research projects
- Ensuring timely implementation of research projects with a strong focus on execution and quality assurance – including data validity checks, analysis / interpretation and editorial support
- Drafting research summaries, policy briefs, recommendations, vision documents for external stakeholders
- Conducting literature review around CSF’s issue areas, synthesizing key trends and working with CSF issue teams to identify new hypotheses and research questions
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree or equivalent in relevant fields: including management, economics, social sciences and public policy
- 8 to 10 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and team leadership
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Advanced writing and presentation skills (ability to communicate complex ideas in a meaningful way), ability to manage projects and lead teams
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.