Position: Senior Program Manager, Governance (Private Schools)
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Senior Program Manager, Governance (Private Schools) is a dynamic opportunity that involves developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders, conducting and managing research on critical and relevant issue areas, building and driving initiatives to bring transparency & accountability to the private system while managing a team of motivated, passionate team members. The role is critical to linking learnings from our philanthropy work, strategic policy and advocacy work, and ecosystem development work. This role directly reports to the Associate Director, Governance.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop key hypotheses based on current and future trends in the Indian private school ecosystem
- Conceptualize and lead research initiatives including but not limited to – trends in private schools, learning levels across categories of private schools
- Identify and build partnerships with NGOs, social entrepreneurs, foundations, and researchers with expertise and capabilities in building and scaling private school interventions and innovations
- Conceptualize and test pilot initiatives to test hypotheses to improve the quality of private schools, especially affordable private schools, and collaborate with partner organizations to scale solutions
- Build out CSFs advocacy agenda for private schools, and engage with governments at different levels to facilitate pragmatic regulation of the sector
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree or equivalent in relevant fields: including management, economics, social sciences and public policy
- 8 to 10 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and team leadership
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization, including with colleagues, schools, regulators, foundations, researchers, grantees, and education product/service providers
- Ability to lead meetings, deliver presentations, and represent CSF to external audiences
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.