Position: Senior Program Manager, Diksha
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
India has over 10 million educators who require continuous professional development to be effective in classrooms and schools. Despite multiple training initiatives, there has been no large-scale shift in the quality of teachers. This can be attributed to a several systemic challenges. Training sessions are often irrelevant as they do not address the individual needs of teachers. On many occasions, the training order reaches later than the training date. Teachers also do not have a aggregated portfolio that showcases their achievements on a real time basis, and struggle to access digital content too.
On the other hand, there are many signs to show that teachers are increasingly becoming more technologically savvy. There have been various instances of organic adoption of technology, with teachers building their own web portals and content, which has spread through word-of-mouth. Some of these portals have become very popular, hosting thousands of registered users, indicating a growing demand for technology-based teacher Training.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has built a digital infrastructure for teacher empowerment called DIKSHA (NTP) that will enable, accelerate and amplify many solutions in the realm of teacher education – including all teachers training and support needs. DIKSHA is a state-of-the-art platform built using Open Standards and APIs and will host some exemplar Open Educational Resources (OER). MHRD envisions that state governments repurpose, extend, customize and contextualize the NTP to build their own State Teacher Platforms. DIKSHA was launched by the Hon. Vice President of India on September 5th 2017, and mentioned by the Hon. Finance Minister in his budget speech.
In order to realize MHRD’s ambitious vision, Central Square Foundation (CSF) is working closely with the MHRD as a strategic thought partner and has set up a Project Management Unit (PMU) that will oversee the design and implementation of the project. The members of this PMU work with NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education), MHRD and liaise closely with both the CSF team and the representatives from the various nodal departments in MHRD.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and manage relationships with government stakeholders (including MHRD, NCTE, etc.) to drive institutionalization of NTP
- Project manage the various work streams and liaise with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Design branding and outreach plan for NTP, which ensures its swift and effective adoption by States and institutions across the country
- Define monitoring and evaluation plan for NTP to measure and drive impact on teachers and teacher education
- Make policy recommendations, as required, to create enabling conditions for NTP to succeed
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree or equivalent in relevant fields: including management, economics, social sciences and public policy
- 8 to 10 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and team leadership
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Advanced writing and presentation skills (ability to communicate complex ideas in a meaningful way), ability to manage projects and lead teams
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Prior experience of stakeholder and project management in large scale projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.