Position: Senior Program Manager, Advocacy and Policy
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Senior Program Manager, Advocacy and Policy role is an exciting role that involves collaborating with teams across CSF’s verticals, managing relationships with policymakers and influencers to further the cause of driving quality education for every child in India. The Senior Program Manager, Advocacy and Policy role directly reports to Associate Director, Advocacy and Policy.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualize and lead CSF’s advocacy strategy and programs, in line with CSFs overall strategy
- Coordinate and/ or prepare policy briefs, fact sheets, background papers/ presentations and other targeted materials for meetings and conferences with key stakeholders
- Develop and manage relationships with key senior public officials, influencers and policy makers at the central and state levels; track key policy developments and trends at national and state level
- Organize meetings and consultations with key stakeholders around specific advocacy issues
- Provide project management support to government officials for implementing key strategic initiatives
- Create opportunities to engage with central and state government departments to provide consultative advice
- Support the strengthening of internal capacity to serve as a strategic, analytical and implementation partner to the government
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree or equivalent in relevant fields: including management, economics, social sciences and public policy
- 8 to 10 years of work experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and team leadership
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Advanced writing and presentation skills (ability to communicate complex ideas in a meaningful way), ability to manage projects and lead teams
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.