Position: Program Manager, Data Initiatives
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Data Initiatives team at CSF is dedicated to creating a culture of data-driven decision making in the education sector in India. In our pursuit, we have identified Government as an integral partner to further our vision, and have invested in collaborations to create opportunities, align on common agendas and advocate for systemic change. CSF, in collaboration with its key Government partners such as MHRD, NCERT, NCTE and NITI Aayog, has implemented several Data Initiatives to improve teacher education system and student learning outcomes. Our key initiatives include, MHRD’s Prashikshak portal to strengthen the Teacher Education Institutes (TEIs), development of a comprehensive data system for Census based National Achievement Survey with NCERT and MHRD, a state-wise Demand/Supply study on teachers with NCTE and MHRD, a study to derive recommendations to strengthen TEI accreditation system and development of a data portal for MHRD that would aggregate all the current databases on Education.
The Program Manager will be responsible for supporting the team’s efforts to leverage our experience in advising key Government partners (e.g., MHRD, NCERT, NCTE, etc.) on how to best collect, manage, and use their education data. The role will primarily include designing longer-term strategic vision for the projects in our portfolio, and monitoring its proper implementation, together with meeting near-term goals.
The Programme Manager will work closely with our Government partners to build and manage relationships, understand the current state, gathering requirements for the desired future state, performing data analysis, and providing recommendations
for the roadmap. The role will also involve design and development of the data systems targeted at key stakeholders in the education system including students, teachers, parents; and supporting the IT partner or National Informatics Centre (NIC)to ensure development of data systems within the agreed timeline.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze existing datasets and formulate recommendations for our key Government partners
- Conduct research and write reports, prepare presentations on current projects
- Conduct research on team’s internal pilot projects or potential future projects
- Work back closely with the IT partner across levels (Engagement Manager, HTML programmer, Designer, Tester, Coder, etc.) to ensure development is in line with the design brief
- Meet key Government stakeholders and present findings and key deliverables
- Work closely with key Government partners to understand their requirements
- Work back closely with the IT partner across levels (Engagement manager, HTML programmer, Designer, Tester, Coder, etc.) to ensure development is in line with the design brief and agreed timeline
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- 2 to 5 years of work experience with track record of high achievement, preferably in a Consulting firm or Data Analytics firm
- Detail Oriented
- Strong project and process management skills
- Dynamic working style with ability to continuously improve strategy based on changing needs
- Ability to build and manage relationships with government teams
- Strong analytical skills and prior experience with data analysis
- Strong communication skills and experience working with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in project management roles and ability to multitask
- Ability to write professional proposals and presentations
- Demonstrated interest in social enterprise sector
- High level of spoken and written fluency in English and Hindi
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.