Position: Associate Director, Research
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Associate Director, Research will serve on CSF’s leadership team and will provide value added guidance and thought leadership on relevant research engagements for CSF’s portfolio of work, and building a collective voice to amplify work in the Indian education system in the global context. This role directly reports to the Managing Director.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with CSF’s issue teams to conceptualize the research agenda and develop key research proposals
- Providing guidance around research design, methodology, and instrument development
- Identifying / building relationships with key research and M&E partners/ vendors, and working closely with them to manage CSF’s research projects
- Ensuring timely implementation of research projects with a strong focus on execution and quality assurance – including data validity checks, analysis / interpretation and editorial support
- Productizing existing knowledge by drafting research summaries, policy briefs, recommendations, vision documents for external stakeholders
- Conducting literature review around CSF’s issue areas, synthesizing key trends and working with teams to identify new hypotheses and research questions
- Connecting with the wider research ecosystem, including academics, institutions, think tanks
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree or equivalent in relevant fields: including management, economics, social sciences and public policy
- 15+ years of work experience with team management responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and leadership
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Advanced writing and presentation skills (ability to communicate complex ideas in a meaningful way), ability to manage projects and lead teams
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.