Job Description: Implementation Consultant, ShaalaKosh Cell
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) proposes to develop a single platform that caters to data requirements of all stakeholders in the education ecosystem. The Ministry is cognizant of the fact that the diversity and complexity of our education system poses a real challenge to the development of a common platform that will be able to deliver on the requirements of every stakeholder. Further, there exist robust digital systems at both central and state level with high penetration, adoption and acceptance among stakeholders such that replacing them altogether will lead to loss of time, effort and money that went into developing, operationalizing and institutionalizing these systems.
However, this also creates a larger opportunity to integrate the existing systems through a common strategic approach incorporating the needs at all levels of education system. Moreover, while the existing systems are catering to one or some portion of the value chain requirements of student, teacher and school management, there doesn’t exist a single system that spans the entire value chain of these stakeholders.
It is with this recognition that MHRD envisions Extended U-DISE (ShaalaKosh) as a decentralized platform where states will have the flexibility to determine the level of integration of the existing systems based on their requirements. The states which do not currently have their indigenous digital systems or some of the modules which are envisaged under the initiative will have the autonomy to adopt the whole or specific modules of the platform as per their needs. They will also be able to customize, repurpose and extend the platform to suit their specific needs. Such a platform will be available for use by all stakeholders including teacher, headmasters, administrators at Block, District, State and Central level, academicians, researchers and others in the field of education across the country.
The overall intent of MHRD through the Extended U-DISE (ShaalaKosh) initiative is to seamlessly integrate the various databases existing at central level and data systems of different states into a single unified database and a modular platform which will be available at the school level so that all states in the country can benefit from a common technological approach saving their time, cost and effort.
The selected members of the ShaalaKosh Cell would work on designing, implementing and maintenance support of ShaalaKosh platform.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake planning and design activities of functionalities of the ShaalaKosh platform.
- Understand the business requirements of the platform and convey the same to the technical partners for development of the platform.
- Engage with States to bring them onboard for adoption of the platform.
- Provide support to 2 or 3 assigned States throughout the lifecycle of the platform viz., adoption, implementation and maintenance support.
- Prepare strategic roadmaps and implementation plans with goals and milestones.
- Set-up project management processes and guidelines, and ensure that all activities are driving towards the defined goals.
The Cell will work closely with members of MHRD and various agencies of the States for the successful fulfilment of the objectives of the ShaalaKosh Cell.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
All the candidates must have the following skills:
- Minimum experience of 1-2 years in relevant sector/organisation
- Graduate or equivalent is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Keenness and experience on working with the government
- Strong Vendor Management and Stakeholder Management Skills
- Excellent project management skills: manage projects & delivery schedules
- Ability to handle large scale programs, and handle multiple stakeholders
- Prior exposure to either education sector, public sector, development sector, or consulting is desirable.
- A belief that all children, regardless of their family’s socioeconomic background can achieve at the highest level
- Persistence, determination, and strong work ethic
- High level of integrity
- Self-driven and ability to work independently
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Demonstrate initiative and motivate others
The team would be based out of New Delhi – but the role would require extensive travel to different State capitals to engage with State partners. Hence, willingness for extensive travel is a necessary prerequisite.
Remuneration will be decided by MHRD based on the candidate’s experience levels and the value he/she will be able to add to the team.
Candidate will be hired on contractual basis by MHRD. The initial contract will be for 3 months and based on the performance of the employee, contract will be expanded later.
Interested candidates should send their CV, along with a cover letter (including 2-3 paragraphs on how their qualification and experience makes them a good fit for the role), to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Application for Implementation Consultant, ShaalaKosh Cell’.