Position: Senior Manager, Strategic Communications
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children. The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in finding solutions.
Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India since 2012. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system and collaborate with it in improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities. We partner with socially driven organizations, institutions and the government in bringing innovation and knowledge-based solutions that are scalable, sustainable and effective so that all children have equal access to opportunities needed for leading a better life.
CSF believes that foundational learning – ability to read with comprehension and do basic math calculations by class 3 is a key gateway skill. This is a critical gap and in order to achieve this ambitious goal, our strategy looks at this issue holistically, including informing policy, improving classroom instruction, partnering with governments to scale programs, filling gaps in research and incubating high-quality organizations.
CSF’s team members bring a deep sense of commitment and passion towards our collective vision that every child deserves quality education. We strive for excellence in everything we do and collaborate to create an impact as we move closer to achieving our mission. We encourage an entrepreneurial outlook that evokes new and bold ideas along with taking smart risks. CSF provides a dynamic, learning and positive environment that is driven by our strong sense of values.
About Our Founder – Ashish Dhawan
Ashish Dhawan is one of India’s leading philanthropists and a key voice for education reform in the country. In his corporate stint, he founded and led one of India’s leading private equity firms, ChrysCapital, before shifting tracks about 6 years ago to focus on India’s education transformation. He founded CSF with the mission to improve learning levels of students from low-income communities.
In 2014, he spearheaded the launch of India’s first liberal arts university, Ashoka University, a philanthropic effort of over forty leaders in education and industry.
Ashish currently serves on the board of several other non-profits including Bharti Foundation, Teach For India, Akanksha Foundation, Centre for Civil Society, Janaagraha, India School Leadership Institute, 3.2.1 Education Foundation.
The Strategic Communications team at CSF is driven by the opportunity to strengthen CSF’s thought leadership in education and to pioneer thinking in the areas of foundational learning, EdTech and systems approach in education. CSF is seeking a Senior Manager, Strategic Communications to drive initiatives on stakeholder outreach, positioning and packaging of our key focus areas and creating surround sound to shape opinions and policies. The person will bring innovative approaches into translating our research and knowledge into thought provoking, consumable and shareable communication collaterals.
The Senior Manager, Strategic Communications will directly report to Associate Director, Strategic Communications and will collaborate effectively with other teams at CSF on strategic planning and will leverage their support on content creation. In addition, he/she will be responsible for implementing the communications approach for positioning the organization as a thought leader in Indian school education.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement the organization’s overall strategic communications plan
- Identify key themes and messages for external communications to effectively position the key issues of foundational learning, EdTech, Private school governance, School to work transition and grant making
- Play a leading role in building innovative communication approaches and products to inform, engage and inspire a wide network of stakeholders (including government, NGOs, multilateral organizations, private sector, subject-matter experts, academia and media) so that they understand and appreciate CSF’s vision and mission
- Plan and manage content pipeline to ensure continuous availability of useful information and research and evidence-based knowledge
- Create and sustain advocacy participation mechanism and bring new ideas to build capacity of influencers and partners to drive convergence of narratives in the ecosystem
- Drive and build engagement for CSF’s communications products including the website, blogs and op-eds, newsletters, and social media channels
- Collaborate with other teams at CSF in writing blogs, articles for internal newsletters and opinion editorials
- Network and develop strategic relationships with media and key ecosystem influencers
- Coordinate with outside agencies for website, collateral support, public relations, etc.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of work experience with demonstrated success in communications, influencer outreach, public relations
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Demonstrated interest in social enterprise sector
- High level of fluency in English, medium fluency in Hindi
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization, including with colleagues, schools, regulators, foundations, researchers, grantees, and education product/service providers
- Ability to lead meetings, deliver presentations
- Ability to work independently and proactively and with little supervision
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.