Position: Associate Director, Advocacy and Policy
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus on improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
We believe that effective foundational learning is essential for better learning outcomes of all children in school. Development of foundational literacy and numeracy skills by Class 3 can help children progress to higher levels of learning which is an essential building block for creating equal access to opportunities needed for leading a better life.
In order to achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education, as well as work with the government to drive systemic impact. We also collaborate with the ecosystem to leverage knowledge and create proven tools around critical issues such as early learning, technology in education, classroom instruction methods and governance.
The Associate Director, Advocacy and Policy will serve on CSF’s leadership team and will provide value added guidance and thought leadership on all advocacy efforts. This leadership role closely partners with all vertical/issue area teams and requires expert input on driving policies to buttress CSF’s strategic initiatives. The Associate Director,Advocacy and Policy role directly reports to the Managing Director.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualising and leading CSF’s advocacy strategy and programs, in line with CSFs overall strategy
- Coordinating and/ or preparing policy briefs, fact sheets, background papers/ presentations and other targeted materials for meetings and conferences with key stakeholders
- Developing and managing relationships with key senior public officials, influencers and policy makers at the central and state levels; track key policy developments and trends at national and state level
- Organising meetings and consultations with key stakeholders around specific advocacy issues
- Providing project management support to government officials for implementing key strategic initiatives
- Creating opportunities to engage with central and state government departments to provide consultative advice
- Supporting the strengthening of internal capacity to serve as a strategic, analytical and implementation partner to the government
- Representing CSF at all advocacy-related forum
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree or equivalent in relevant fields: including management, economics, social sciences and public policy
- 15+ years of work experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and team leadership
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Advanced writing and presentation skills (ability to communicate complex ideas in a meaningful way), ability to manage projects and lead teams
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.