Position: Associate Director, Grant Accelerator
One of India’s biggest challenges is providing quality education to its 240 million children.
The scale and complexity of education in India demands that the brightest talent engage in
At Central Square Foundation, we seek to achieve transformational standards of
educational excellence for children in disadvantaged communities in India. We support
exceptional social entrepreneurs with powerful ideas, undertake application-oriented
research, provide a platform for sharing of innovation, and collaborate with other
stakeholders in the ecosystem to find policy solutions – all towards enabling sustained
change in India’s educational system.
CSF’s team members combine a deep commitment to education with operational
excellence. We are a young organization with a dynamic entrepreneurial environment,
dedicated to achieving significant and sustained reforms in the Indian education system.
The Associate Director, Grant Accelerator role involves strengthening CSF’s grant portfolio
in line with the organization strategy. This includes sourcing of organizations and
providing strategic as well as operational support to portfolio organizations. The other
important aspect of the role involves building partnerships in the K-12 education
ecosystem – including fundraising. This role directly reports to the Managing Director.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expand CSF’s portfolio of grantee organizations / partners
- Build channels for strengthening grant sourcing pipeline – discover and identify exciting opportunities for CSF
- Develop CSF’s capabilities in identifying and supporting potential entrepreneurs and incubating organizations – including through challenge grants and accelerators
- Work closely with CSF grantees, to provide them support across key strategic areas including (i) Fundraising, (ii) Strategy, (iii) M&E and (iv) Organization development, among others, by partnering with CSF verticals and various industry experts/vendors for support functions required by grantees
- Achieve agreed upon objectives in line line with fundraising strategy.
- Systematically identify, qualify and strategize pipeline for funding prospects.
- Cultivate relationship to ensure excellent communication channels across teams.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- MBA or advanced management degree preferred
- 10+ years of work experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating superb project delivery and team leadership
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Ability to lead meetings, deliver presentations, and represent CSF to external audiences
- Ability to work independently and proactively, without support staff and with little supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.