Position: Associate Director, Classroom Instruction Practice
Founded in 2012, Central Square Foundation is a non-profit philanthropic foundation working with the vision of ensuring quality school education for all children in India. We are driven by our mission to transform the school education system with a focus on improving the learning outcomes of children, especially from low-income communities.
We believe that effective foundational learning is essential for better learning outcomes of all children in school. Development of foundational literacy and numeracy skills by Class 3 can help children progress to higher levels of learning which is an essential building block for creating equal access to opportunities needed for leading a better life.
In order to achieve this, we partner with individuals and social impact organizations to bring innovative solutions in education, as well as work with the government to drive systemic impact. We also collaborate with the ecosystem to leverage knowledge and create proven tools around critical issues such as early learning, technology in education, classroom instruction methods and governance.
The Associate Director, Classroom Instruction and Practices (CIP) will serve on CSF’s leadership team and will provide value added guidance and thought leadership on all CIP efforts – including developing a strong pedagogical point of view on an effective foundational solution (ages 3-8), model of state engagement, demonstration of the program at reasonable scale, as well as increasing availability and improving quality of public goods for foundational learning This role directly reports to the Managing Director.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conceptualizing and leading CSF’s CIP strategy and programs, in line with CSF’s overall strategy
- Understanding existing research, domestic and international, on the landscape and evidence around foundational literacy and numeracy solutions, including Early Childhood Education
- Developing a point of view on an effective CIP package that is distinctive, and backed by strong pedagogy and supported by ease of implementation
- Have technical conversations with partners, researchers and experts in the area of foundational learning
- Representing the organization in key policy discussions at the state and central level
- Ensuring timely and high-quality outputs linked to strategic organizational goals and priorities
- Managing and leading a team of high-performing individuals
- Supporting the Managing Directors in key organization-wide initiatives such as investment decisions, strategic planning and talent management
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Masters degree or equivalent in relevant fields: Education, Public Policy, Management, with a strong pedagogical bent of mind
- 15+ years of work experience with designing and implementing large scale programs
- Experience with managerial responsibilities, demonstrating project delivery and team leadership
- Preferably has experience of working in early learning, including Early Childhood Education (ages 3-8)
- Excellent research skills and the ability to analyze complex qualitative and quantitative data, craft possible solutions, and recommend actions
- Experience in growing and managing team members
- Ability to build and maintain positive and collaborative relationships both within and outside the organization, including with colleagues, schools, regulators, foundations, researchers, grantees, and education product/service providers
- Ability to lead technical meetings with partners, deliver presentations, and represent CSF to external audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills, and an ability to be able to set priorities, plan timelines and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Operating style suited to working in a small-organization setting, where teamwork and resourcefulness are highly valued
- Excellent leadership skills, including ability to manage multiple projects at a time
Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
Interested candidates can click on the Application Form and fill the required details in the form.